- Gratitude is the engine of civil society.
- Gratitude is the ground of custom.
- As such, gratitude situates deservedness and undeservedness at the base of customary conduct.
- Insolence – the violation of what one is used to – challenges the customary behavior but in so doing fortifies it.
- Insolence would not be understood as meaningful were it not for the prior general acceptance of what was customary.
16 May 2011
Gratitude & insolence
Labels: desert, Gift of Thanks, rigor, slow money
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment