- Worth is the measure of value of those things that can be employed to accomplish some end.
- Worth measures the utility of the thing.
- Worth is a measure of utility.
- Meaning, on the other hand, is the measure of value of those things that can embody the relationship between the parties to an interaction.
- Meaning measures the strength of the relationship.
- Meaning is the measure of covenant.
Industrialization dismantled the ancient meanings and replaced them with artistic and artificial constructions that desacralized people’s experiences. It was not only the Enlightenment that de-enthused the world, it was the Industrial Revolution that chased the Old One out of people’s experience of the material world by removing the possibility of gifting that enspirits ordinary commodities.
The new State of Israel could revive in modern day format the ancient values of gratitude and the spirit, and thereby make vital again the enchanted world of meaning the gift of grace would signify.