The real questions are:
- Can we describe growth economies as distinct from sustainability economies;
- Does an economy geared for growth disable the possibility of an economy geared for sustainability; and, if so,
- Is it feasible for the two types of economies to interact without the one disadvantaging the other?
- Finally, if the growth economy turns out to have predatory features, what are the steps the sustainability economy can take to insulate itself from the effects of the growth economies?
- What would be an effective defense mechanism for the sustainability economies to prevail in a competitive environment where growth is king?